How to pack essential items
- Wrap any china or plates in tea towels, towels or cushioned clothing like jumpers and jackets. Be sure to store in a box and mark clearly “FRAGILE”. Otherwise, designate a specific coloured box for fragile items.
- Wrap and protect all art in foam/ plastic/ cardboard. Keep in mind that water-resistant is best; you want to be prepared if It is raining on your move day.
- Label all boxes clearly and stack them at the new property according to how often you use the items and how immediately you will need them when you’re at your new home.
- Empty your fridge and freezer of all contents and give them a good clean before passing them on to Fox Removals for transportation. They say you should defrost your freezer at least once a year anyway!
- Wrap liquids in plastic and separate from other important items just in case leakage occurs.
- Don’t water plants for at least 24 hours before your move as it can make the pots heavier to lift. Take cuttings from your favourite plants as a backup in case there are any mishaps in transporting the pots.
- Leave heavy equipment and awkwardly shaped items for your Removal team.
- Take advantage of Fox Removals extra services and enquire about our packing supplies and services.